Christmas is here with us. Many people have waited for the Christmas period for the whole year. Immediately after Halloween, people start shopping for Christmas. Many businesses are preparing for one of the busiest times of the year. Christmas shopping is a huge deal for most people. People go beyond when it comes to Christmas shopping.
Small businesses can earn more money during the Christmas season. If you are thinking of starting a small business for this particular period, this is going to be one of the best decisions you will have made. First, you will need to open up a business. How do you do that? You can follow the following steps.
- Get a business name: a business name will help your potential customers to know about your business. Your business name should be unique and no other business should have it.
- Have your niche: businesses offer many things. As a business owner, you need to find your niche. It will help your business stand out from the rest of the other businesses. During the Christmas period, you might decide on offering decoration services only. It will help you to specialize in the different decorations you can offer your customers.
- Have a business plan: a business plan is important as it tells your potential customers what your business is all about. Your business plan should have an executive summary, a list of names of all the directors, the financial strategies of your business, and the marketing strategies of your business.
- It should contain all the licenses of your business.
Once you have formed your business, you need to decide what services and goods it will offer. In this article, you will get business ideas that a small business can start during the 12 days of Christmas.
The Christmas period has many events happening. Many companies want their members to meet up one last time before heading out for the Christmas holidays. Families want to meet together and enjoy some pre-Christmas activities. Hospitals hold events for their patients in the days leading to Christmas. If you have a background in event organizing, you can start this perfect small business during the 12 days of Christmas.
The events held usually range from basic simple events to extravagant events. As a business owner, you can make this your niche and offer your event-organizing skills. You can start small by organizing small events for your family and friends before the Christmas period. When the Christmas period arrives, people will have known about your organizing business and they will seek your services.
As an event organizer, you will need to look for vendors who can help you with some of the things you might need. Network with different vendors supplying different items. The vendors you know will save you a big deal because they will help you with items you might need to organize your parties and events.
During the Christmas period, many people send their family Christmas cards to their friends and families. Designing and selling Christmas cards can be a good small business you can start during the 12 days of Christmas. Many people like customized Christmas cards that are unique and will capture the eyes of the receivers.
If you have a creative eye, designing Christmas cards is a business you should think of starting. For this type of business, all you might need is a computer. There are websites you can use to make the cards you will sell to your clients. Have a variety of cards for your customers to choose from.
During Christmas, many people enjoy eating freshly baked cakes, cookies, and loaves of bread. Are you good at baking? This can be the best small business for you. Bakers usually have a busy time during the Christmas period. During the 12 days of Christmas, you can take advantage of the demand that might be there.
It is a Christmas tradition in most households to have a rich Christmas fruitcake. The fruitcakes eaten during Christmas are usually in high demand. People also love the gingerbread cookies available during this period. Take advantage of your expertise to bake and sell such items baked goods. You can incorporate your special recipes to make your baked goods unique and tastier.
Start baking for your family and friends. These people will refer you to your potential customers. After baking, make sure your packaging is beautiful and simple. You can decide to give your customers free samples of what you are baking as a gift.
During Christmas, one of the main activities is giving gifts. Families and friends exchange gifts. It is a tradition to open up nicely wrapped gifts on Christmas day. Most people wait for the entire Christmas period this time. A small business owner can take up this business.
If you can wrap and package gifts, this business will bring you an extra coin. You might package your goods and products or you might package for others. You can learn more unique ways of decorating and packaging online and try them before venturing out into the packaging field. The business will get many customers if you prove that you are good at decorating and packaging gifts.
The month leading to Christmas is usually a busy one. People all over want to start buying decorations for their homes. Many people start decorating their houses as early as the beginning of December. Selling decorations is a good small business. You can get your unique decorations at a cheaper price and sell them at a slightly higher price. Your business will get profits at the end of the day. Make sure the decorations you sell should be unique for you to get a larger customer base.
Christmas falls during winter. It is usually very cold and most people want to keep warm during that time. You can start a small business selling winter accessories. People need to keep warm during the cold Christmas period. Your business can offer accessories like fancy gloves, woolen hats, boots, and scarves. People especially women love looking good during the Christmas period and your business will make a sale if it offers Christmas accessories.
What is Christmas without a Christmas tree? Many households cannot celebrate Christmas without a Christmas tree. Christmas trees are usually in huge demand during the Christmas period. Can you start selling Christmas trees? Your business will get more money if it sells Christmas trees. You can do special deliveries to those who are not able to go to farms to get their Christmas trees. You can also decide to be a Christmas tree farmer and plant the trees as early as possible. This will ensure that during the Christmas period, the trees will have matured and been ready for cutting.
During Christmas, most people prefer having their Christmas trees delivered to them. You can decide to be a Christmas tree delivery person. Once you have several people who want Christmas trees, you can go and get them from Christmas tree farmers and deliver the trees at a fee.
Knowing reliable Christmas tree farmers is important for your business. Do your due diligence before deciding to collaborate with a Christmas tree farmer.
During the Christmas period, the cleaning business is usually in high demand. Most people usually have guests over and the houses they live in might become dirty. For some, before they invite guests over, they need their houses cleaned. Others go on holiday and leave their houses. This means that when they come back from their holiday, they will need to clean their houses.
If you love cleaning, you can start this perfect small business during the days of Christmas. For you to start the business, you need some equipment. You should buy cleaning detergents, brushes, brooms, cleaning gloves, and towels among other things.
Advertise your services online. You can also tell your family and friends about your business and offer cleaning services to them first. Ask them to make referrals to other people. You should also offer good rates for your cleaning services and you will get many customers.
Many people during the Christmas holidays like moving around shopping. As a small business owner, you can open up a Christmas store. The Christmas store should specialize in selling Christmas goods and offering after-services. The Christmas store should have all the Christmas supplies that people might need. This is a seasonal small business, as it will only operate during the Christmas period. Have unique things in your store. You can outsource the goods you sell to your customers from other places. Some of the items you can sell in your Christmas store can include Christmas flowers, fireworks, Christmas toys, and many other goods.
You can also offer after-sale packaging and gift-wrapping services to your customers. Wrapping and packaging gifts for your customers will go a long way. Your small business will get many customers when others hear you are offering after-sales services.
During the Christmas period, there are a lot of parties and events. Caterers usually have a lot of work during the Christmas period. If you are a good cook, you can start this small business during the Christmas period.
Many people during the Christmas holidays do not want to spend time in the kitchen cooking for their guests. They hire caterers to do this work. If you can make both local and continental dishes, this is a plus for you. You can start a small catering business.
Start with small events. You can then major off to larger events. You can start by cooking for your friends and families then venture into larger groups of people. The catering business is good because it is flexible. You can do the cooking from the customer’s place or your home.
Potential customers need to know about your business. They will know about it through advertising and marketing. How can you market your business? Here are some ways you can do so:
- Have a website: websites help potential and existing customers to know about your business. Once you have started a business, create a website for it. On your website, have a logo for your business. You should make the website as attractive as possible with colors and pictures. Have banners on your website and explain what your business is about. On your website, post clear photos of what your business is selling. You should also add your addresses and contacts for easier communication purposes.
- Email marketing: email marketing is one of the ways you can advertise your small business. Send personalized emails to your current and potential customers. In your emails, you can offer them discounts and inform them about the sales you might be having. Let your customers and potential customers know about the goods and services you are offering in your small business.
- Offer gifts: offering gifts or incentives to customers will attract customers to your business. When customers know they will get discounts or gifts when they purchase something from your small business, they will be attracted to your business.
- Use social media: there are many social media platforms you can advertise your business. You can create a page on Facebook, Instagram, or WhatsApp to advertise your small business. These social media platforms will help in advertising your business. Post photos of what your business is selling. Put clear descriptions of the products the business is offering. You can put the prices of the goods your business is selling.
The Christmas period is a good tie for any small business owner. Make sure you are well prepared as you start your small business during this period. Have enough stock of the products you will be selling. Make sure your addresses and contacts are working well. Have top-notch customer service and you will attract more customers to your business.