ID Verification – UK Company Address Services

Share this

Seed Formations is required to comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations and ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) requirements and therefore are required to carry out verification check of your identity and address.

It is a legal requirement for us to request this information from you and for you to provide it in order to activate your UK Company Address Services.


Who needs to send us ID for verification

1. We need to verify the ID and address of all Directors in a Company.

2. If your director is a corporate body, we need to verify this as well.

3. We also need to verify the identity of any persons who mail is being forwarded to, if they are not a shareholder or director in the company.


What happens if you do not send us the documents?

Your service will be deactivated until we can confirm your identity. Unfortunately, we will not be able to refund you if this is the case.

What happens after we receive your ID documents?

We will verify your ID through an online verification process and are stored securely.

What happens if you fail the initial ID verification? 

If we are unable to verify with the online verification check – we may request certified Proof of ID and certified proof of address. These will need to be posted to us.

Suitable Proof of ID

 Suitable proof of ID Documents

  • – Passport
  • – Driving licence (photocard only, no paper UK driving licences can be accepted)
  • – National identity card
  • – HM Forces identity card
  • – Student Card (must be current)
  • – Employment identification card
  • – Disabled drivers blue pass

Suitable proof of Address Documents

  • – Telephone Bill (not a mobile Bill)
  • – Utility Bills eg. Gas, Water, Electricity Bill
  • – Mortgage statement
  • – Council tax bill
  • – Bank statement

Suitable proof of ID for Corporate Bodies 

  • – Company Certificate
  • – Company Register
  • – Proof of Company Address (dated within the last 3 months)
  • – Current Appointments Report


Certified Documents

Who can certify your documents?

If you are a UK or EU resident, any of the following people can certify your documents (they cannot be related to you)

  • The Post Office
  • Civil Servant
  • Minister of Religion
  • Chartered Accountant / Doctor / Solicitor
  • Notary

If you are not a UK or EU resident Non-EU Residents
Both your ID and Address documents need to be certified by a notary only

How to send us your documents

1. By E-mail

You can send scanned copies of the your documents by e-mail to

2. By post: 

Compliance Department
Seed Formations
2 Frederick Street

Share this

Was this article helpful?