Streaming services have completely transformed the way we listen to music. All the music we need is at our fingertips. However, many people wonder if these services support artists by paying them what they deserve.
There is no correct answer to this as each service is unique and pays a different rate to artists. Here are the top music platforms and everything you need to know about them.
Unless you have been living under a rock, you have heard of Spotify. It is one of the most popular music streaming services that is breaking records worldwide. Of course, it tries to support the artists in the best way possible.
Here are some numbers you need to know about what it pays:
- Spotify pays artists at $0.00348/hit
- 1 million plays equal $3,480
- If artists want $1,000 to hit their bank accounts, they will need to have more than 360,000 clicks
Napster has been in the streaming business for a long time, and it has one of the highest pay rates for musicians. They try to support artists in any way they can, so they offer a high rate per stream. However, the popularity of Napster is slowly dying in many global markets.
Here is what you need to know about what Napster pays artists:
- It pays $0.00916 per stream
- 1 million clicks equal $9,160
- If artists want to earn more than $1,000, they will need more than 137,000 clicks
Deezer is slowly gaining popularity as it is offering an excellent music streaming service. You have access to more than 73 million tracks, and it focuses on brilliant sound quality. Users that have Deezer will benefit from impeccable sound quality and the best tracks.
Here is what you need to know about what Deezer pays artists:
- It pays $0.00562 per stream
- 1 million streams equal $5,620
- If artists want to earn more than $1,000, they will need more than 224,000 clicks
4. Apple Music
Apple Music is another service that plays artists at an excellent rate. It has all the latest tracks, artists, and the sound quality is one of the best. Apple users can enjoy this service with no hassle.
Here is what you need to know about what Apple Music pays artists:
- It pays $0.00675 per stream
- 1 million streams equal $6,750
- If artists want to earn more than $1,000, they will need more than 187,000 streams
Unfortunately, YouTube plays the least amount to artists and creators. It is one of the most popular services, but you have to work hard to monetize your account. That is because many people use YouTube for free.
Here is what you need to know about what YouTube pays artists:
- It pays $0.00154 per play
- 1 million streams equal $1,540
- If artists want to earn more than $1,000, they will need more than 818,000 views
Napster may get less traffic when trying to get people to stream your music as a artist, but it does pay the most per listen on our list, so if you want to create your platform and wanting to form a limited company in the UK check out Seed Formations.